LAB 599 Discovery TX-500 – Military Style Portable Transceiver - Made in UAE
Tailored for adventure, for extremes, for using in places unattainable before, with no sacrifice of performance or features.
The Lab599 Discovery covers 160-6 meters, all modes, with a maximum power output of 10 W. It comes with true desktop-radio features, like auto-notch, noise reduction, and RX/TX EQ.
The transceiver has a built-in fast Panadaptor, for easier search for new contacts and evaluation of band conditions wherever you are, at any time.
- Splash proof and Dustproof Portable Software-Defined Radio
- 160-6-meter ham bands
- General ‘receive’ coverage 0.5 - 56.0MHz
- All modes: SSB, CW, DIG, AM, FM
- High-performance 32-bit floating-point DSP
- Current drain as low as 100 mA in ‘receive’ mode (backlight on, preamp off, no signal)
- External power supply DC 9-15V, 1 to 3A typical in transmit
- High-contrast LCD with 256×128px
- High-performance real-time Panadaptor (48 kHz wide)
- On-line firmware updates
- Rear folding kickstands for viewing angle and transportation
- Ultra-compact size (H×W×D): 90mm (3.5") × 207mm (8.1") × 21mm (0.8 ")
- Weight: 0.55Kg (19,4oz).
- Adjustable output power 1—10W
- Digital Hi-Performance Filtering (4 receive, 2 transmit)
- 48 kHz Build-in HI Speed Panadaptor
- I/Q Output
Built-in Panadaptor - The transceiver features a built-in high-performance Panadaptor, for better search for new contacts and evaluation of band conditions — wherever you are, at any time. In receive mode, current drain can be as low as 100 mA — a unique feature on the market. Transmit efficiency is also excellent, with improved battery life.
Unique form-factor - The Lab599 Discovery unique form-factor allow operate from anywhere. The transceiver is only 30 mm thick, including knobs, weighing only 0.55 kg. Fold out the kickstands at the rear for use on a desktop or picnic table.
11 Discrete RF Bandpass Filters - Discovery TX-500 has 11 discrete RF bandpass filters. The RF signal is only passed through one of the band-pass filters — any out-of-range signals are rejected.
Aluminium Alloy Body - The transceiver's body is made of durable aluminium by the method of precision milling, to ensure a unique shock protection and provide good heat removal from the output part of the transmitter.
Well Shielded Inner Units - To achieve high sensitivity of the transceiver, separate functional units are isolated from mutual influence and external interference by partitioning walls installed in the device case.
Dust and Liquid Protection - Thanks to the liquid-protected housing and the absence of through-holes, spatter resistant plugs, valcoders with sealing rings, the transceiver will work reliably in extreme conditions, giving you real pleasure from traveling. The case is also covered with a layer of black anodizing substance, to maintain an attractive appearance for a long time, even during extreme operation.
- Internal CW keyer with 10-300СPM range
- 100 general-purpose memories store VFOs, modes, etc.
- CW keyer memory with 4 cells for 20 seconds each
- Voice message memory with 2 cells for 20 seconds each
- Computer control via USB
- Full remote-control command set (with Kenwood emulates)
- One-click online firmware upgrades (with free PC software)
Included in Box:
- CAT cable for on-line software update
- Power cable for external power source DC 9 -15V (battery not included)
- Headset and mic adapter with PTT (3.5mm jack)
- CW adapter (3.5mm jack)
- Additional connector GX12 type, 7 pins
- Sensitivity: Noise Floor (MDS), 500 Hz DSP filter: –141 dBm (14 MHz, Preamp-on)
- Blocking Gain Compression Dynamic Range, 500 Hz. BW: 129 dB (14 MHz, 2 kHz offset, Preamp-off)
- Reciprocal Mixing Dynamic Range: 14 MHz, 20/5/2 kHz, offset: 119/108/106 dB
- Quadrature down-sampling mixer compatible with PC-based SDR (software defined radio) applications
- Receiver I / Q outputs for PC soundcard
- Switchable low-noise preamp and attenuator
- 3-band receive audio equalizer
- 4 adjustable digital filters
- Automatic notch filtering
- Adjustable noise reduction and noise blanking
- Audio Output ext. speaker, 3W typ.
- Adjustable output, 1 to 10W PEP
- Rugged, SWR and temperature-protected final amplifier stage
- Carrier Suppression > 50dB typ.
- Harmonic / Spurious Outputs > 50dB below carrier
- CW Sidetone/Transmit offset 400-1200Hz, adjustable
- Speaker-microphone with PTT
- 3-band microphone audio equalizer
- 2 adjustable digital filters
- DSP RF speech processing for excellent 'punch'
* Specifications apply only within ham bands except as noted. All measurements taken with 13.8 VDC supply.
CE - FCC. Amateur Radio Operation Only.